Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so why not start it the best way you can? This bagel may be a bit of a mess, so maybe have it before you shower. Hungover? Make this bagel. Big day at work ahead? Make this bagel. First day off in a while? Celebrate with this bagel.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 half white onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 quarter courgette
- 4 rashers of bacon
- 2 sesame bagels, halved and buttered
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 eggs
- Slice the half onion into thin slices, finely dice the garlic, and cut the courgette into thin discs.
- Fry the bacon in a little oil on a medium heat for around 5 minutes, or until cooked. Place two on each bagel.
- In the same frying pan, fry the onion and garlic until the onion has wilted slightly, and then add the courgette. Add the paprika and cumin and fry till the onion is caramelised, then place ontop of the bacon in the bagel.
- Add a little more oil and fry the two eggs till there is not more translucent egg white, but the yolk is still runny. Place on top of the bacon and the vegetables.
- Add tomato ketchup if desired.