If you want to make fast, fresh, easy, and delicious fries, then this is the recipe for you. Combining russet and sweet potatoes is a great way to add a bit of depth to your fries and the simple seasonings really bring out a wealth of flavor that you just can’t find in that bag of frozen, pre-made fries. So, whether you need the perfect side for your burger, or your just craving some tasty fries, this recipe is exactly what your looking for.
Serves 2 to 3
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- 1 large russet potato
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- Preheat the oven to 230°C/445°F.
- Slice the potatoes into evenly shaped fries (I like mine chunky, so I usually make them about an inch thick, but feel free to make them any size you’d like) and place them into a baking tray.
- Add in the olive oil and seasonings and use your hands to toss everything together until all the fries are well coated in olive oil and seasoning.
- Make sure the fries are evenly spread out on the baking tray and place them in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the fries start to brown and are fork tender.
- Remove them from the oven and serve as a side for a delicious burger, or load them up with cheese and chili for the perfect chili fries.