Despite being one of the cheaper cuts of meat, pork belly is definitely one of the most flavorful. With the gochujang marinade, it’s sweet and spicy and goes beautifully with ramen, fried rice, or cous cous. This recipe is minimum faff, and will quickly become one of your household favorites.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
- 500 g pork belly slices
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp Chinese five spice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Gochujang
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F. Line a baking pan with tin foil.
- In a bowl, combine all of the marinade ingredients until smooth and well blended.
- Place the pork belly into the lined baking pan and thoroughly coat with the marinade. Reserve some of the marinade for later.
- Roast the pork belly for 20 minutes, and then use the remaining marinade to re-coat the pork belly. Roast for a further 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once the pork belly has cooked for a total of 35 to 40 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Cut into bite sized pieces, serve, and enjoy!