Simple, healthy, and delicious, vegetable chow mein is a beautifully simple dish that will be sure to leave you full and happy. You could serve this as a side, or easily make this into a main course by adding chicken, beef, or more vegetables. Experiment with ingredients to find your favorite combination! If you don’t feel like chopping vegetables, feel free to buy the packs of pre-cut mixed stir-fry vegetables from the supermarket to save you some time!
Prep time: 7 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 150 g egg noodles
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrot, julienned (or use a vegetable peeler)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- Boil water in a pot and cook the egg noodles as directed on the packaging.
- Add sesame oil to a large sauce pan on medium heat, and fry garlic until fragrant. Once fragrant, add the onions and cook until they start to become translucent (around 2 minutes).
- Throw in the cabbage, carrot, and bean sprouts and stir-fry until the vegetables begin to wilt (around 2 minutes).
- At this time your noodles should be cooked, so strain them and add them to the frying pan. Add the soy sauce, oyster sauce, and honey and stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Remove from heat, serve hot, and enjoy!