This velvety smooth maple pecan ice cream is to die for. Have it on a slice of pecan pie, or crumble some of our Irish lace cookies on top of it, either way you will be making the best decision of your life. Don’t like maple or pecans? There may be something wrong with you, but worry not! Stick to the first two ingredients as a base and you can add any flavoring and extras you’d like!
Prep Time: 10 minutes (plus at least 6 hours to refrigerate)
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tsp maple flavored extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, mix the maple extract into the condensed milk and set aside.
- In another bowl, use a mixer to whip the heavy cream for about 3 minutes, or until it holds stiff peaks.
- Transfer the whipped cream into the bowl of condensed milk and maple extract. Gently fold the whipped cream into the condensed milk until the mixture is smooth and silky. Add in the chopped pecans and fold in until well combined, but be careful not to over-mix.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer safe container and smooth the surface with a spatula. Seal the container well and freeze for at least six hours.
- For best results, leave overnight and consume within two weeks of freezing.
- If you happen to have an ice cream maker, simply combine all the ingredients together, except the pecans, and add to your ice cream maker (you don’t need to whip the heavy cream). Once the ice cream has firmed up and reached the desired consistency, add in the chopped pecans and allow them to mix into the ice cream before serving.