Squash is one of our favorite vegetables, but so many people think it’s complicated to prepare. The reality is that roasting squash is amazingly simple and takes only about 5 minutes of hands on time. This recipe works for any kind of squash you might want to cook and leaves your squash perfectly roasted every time!
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 45 minutes to 1 hour
- 1 squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Cut the squash in half, lengthways, remove the seeds with a spoon, and place, cut side up, on a baking tray.
- Drizzle half a tablespoon of olive oil onto each half of the squash. Use your hands to spread the oil over the cut side of the squash, making sure that all exposed squash is coated.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of salt and half a teaspoon of black pepper onto each of the halves.
- Place the squash into the oven and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until you can easily stick a butter knife through the thickest part of the squash and the squash begins to turn golden brown around the exposed edges.
Squash is the perfect addition to a wide variety of dishes, whether you are using it as a substitute for pasta or rice, or if it’s the star of your dish, have fun experimenting in the kitchen and enjoy your beautifully roasted squash!
For a few ideas on what you can do with roasted squash, click here.