This chicken Alfredo hits all the right spots. It’s simple yet decadent and so easy to make! It is a little heavy, so we’ve paired it with a beautifully light spaghetti squash to perfectly balance it out, but feel free to serve this over pasta!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- half large onion, finely chopped
- 3 strips of bacon, chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups parmasean
- In a large, deep pan on medium heat, melt 1/4 cup of butter. Add the chicken and season with white pepper and salt.
- Once the chicken is about halfway cooked (after about 5 minutes), add the garlic, onion, and bacon to the pan along with the rest of the butter. Cook for a further 4 minutes or until the bacon has cooked through.
- Add in the heavy cream and stir thoroughly. Bring to a boil and allow to simmer for around 10 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Once the sauce has reached the desired consistency, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the parmesan. Return the pan to a low heat and continue to stir in the parmesan until completely melted and well incorporated.
- Serve hot on top of spaghetti squash or pasta and enjoy!