In addition to being incredibly delicious with a delicate caramelized flavor, these cookies are also unbelievably quick and easy to make. Be warned: these are highly addictive.
Makes about 25 cookies, depending on how large you make them.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- 118 g unsalted butter, softened
- 177 g firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 295 g old fashioned rolled oats
- Begin by preheating your oven to 175° C/350° F and lining two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the butter and brown sugar on high until the mixture is light and fluffy. Then beat in the flour, milk, and vanilla.
- With a spatula, gently fold in the oats until the mixture is well blended.
- Use a teaspoon to drop rounded balls of dough about 3 inches apart onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies have flattened and become a light golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool before removing them from the baking sheet.
- Enjoy as is or crumbled on top of ice cream.