This delicious and comforting breakfast dish takes me back to Saturday mornings as a child. This delightfully spicy potato dish will certainly fill you up as well as make you feel right at home. Truly a great start to your day!
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 3 large russet potatoes, cut into thin strips about a half an inch wide
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 link Mexican chorizo
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp queso fresco (if you can’t find this, substitute with parmesan cheese)
- In a deep frying pan on medium heat, add olive oil and sliced potatoes. Cook for about 10 minutes, mixing every now and then to make sure the potatoes are evenly cooked.
- Add onion and cook for a further 4 minutes or until onions begin to soften. Then add garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, and cumin. Stir well and cook for another few minutes.
- Take the chorizo out of the casing and add it to the pan, stirring well. Cook until chorizo browns and potatoes begin to crisp up and turn golden.
- Add in two eggs and stir until egg has cooked and coated the potatoes. Add the chopped cilantro and mix well.
- Top with queso fresco and enjoy!