This dish is luxurious to say the least and great for date night. Full of rich, bold flavors that are sure to leave you coming back for more.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- 3 chicken thighs, cubed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 spicy Italian sausage or chorizo
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup of any sweet red wine
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp parsley
- 1tsp thyme
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- In a large pot on medium heat, add olive oil and the cubed chicken. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the chicken starts to brown.
- Take the Italian sausage out of the casing and add to the pot. If you are using chorizo, roughly chop about half a cup’s worth and add to the pot. Cook for a few minutes and then add diced onion, minced garlic, and sliced mushrooms.
- Cook until vegetables have caramelized and then add in the wine. Make sure to mix well and get all the caramelization off the bottom of the pan.
- Add chicken broth, canned tomatoes, and heavy cream. Stir well and allow to simmer for a minute.
- Next, add paprika, parsley, thyme, oregano, and basil. Stir well and then leave to simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 30 minutes, or once the sauce has reduced by about half and thickened, add parmesan cheese and stir well.
- Serve over pasta or squash and top with some more parmesan!