This might be my favorite pie in the world. And out of all the desserts I’ve ever made, this one has the biggest payoff for the least amount of effort, so there’s no excuse not to make it. Smother this in whipped cream, Nutella, grated chocolate, or more banana if you want to pretend that this is healthier than it actually is. Not advisable for people on a diet, advisable for literally everyone else.
Prep Time: 15 minutes, plus 2 hours to refrigerate
- 1 pack of digestive biscuits or graham crackers
- 6 tbsp of butter, melted (add more as needed)
- 5 tbsp Nutella or any chocolate spread
- 1 can of caramel (if you can’t find this, you can make your own caramel out of condensed milk!)
- 1 banana, sliced
- Place the biscuits in a zip-lock bag and use a heavy object (I used a glass) to crush them, aim for a sand-like consistency. You can also pop the biscuits into a blender or food processor to speed up the process.
- In a mug, microwave the butter at ten second intervals until melted. Combine the biscuits and the butter and spread evenly on the base of a deep dish. Make sure there are no holes or cracks in the crust.
- Place the chocolate spread into a bowl and microwave for a few seconds to melt it. Pour the chocolate spread onto the crust in a thin even layer and then add a layer of sliced banana.
- Mix the caramel well and then add it to the pie, making sure to spread it evenly.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.
You can top this pie with just about anything. I usually just like to drizzle a bit more chocolate spread on top, but whipped cream or grated chocolate work just as well!