This buddha bowl recipe is a great base for your own unique creations and it’s so fast and easy! The sauce in this buddha bowl is sweet and nutty and pairs perfectly with practically anything. Try adding sweet potato, spinach, chickpeas… I could go on, but I won’t. Have fun experimenting with this delicious and healthy lunch!
If you don’t eat meat then leave it out! Buddha bowls are perfect for veggie eaters, so enjoy!
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 servings of couscous
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 chicken thighs, cubed
- 1/2 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup broccoli, roughly chopped
- 1/2 courgette, halved and chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp Chinese five spice
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- Season the couscous with salt and garlic powder and then cook as instructed on the packaging, set aside.
- In a frying pan on medium heat, add a dash of vegetable oil and add the chicken to the pan. Cook for about 4 minutes, or until the chicken starts to brown.
- Add in the sliced onion and cook until onions begin to soften. Next, add in the garlic and courgette. Cook for another 4 minutes.
- Once the courgette has softened, add in the broccoli and the satay sauce ingredients. Stir until everything is well incorporated and allow to cook for another minute in order to thicken the sauce.
- Serve over couscous and top with avocado. Remember to experiment with other ingredients and enjoy!