This recipe is really simple and fun to do and also a great way to get the kids involved, but be warned: your hands will get oh so messy. These truffles are great for a party, just make them the day before and refrigerate until serving! And don’t feel restricted to Oreos, make this with any cookie you want to, custard creams or snickerdoodles make an excellent alternative.
Makes about 20 truffles
- 1 package Double Stuffed Oreos (you can substitute the Oreos with any cookie you like)
- 114 g cream cheese
- 1 cup white or milk chocolate chips
- Blend the Oreos in a food processor util they are fine like sand. Put the crumbs in a mixing bowl and separate about 1 tbsp for garnish.
- Add the cream cheese to the mixing bowl and begin mixing with your hands until a play dough like consistency is reached.
- Roll the mixture into 1 inch balls and place on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Place tray in fridge for about 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, making sure to stop and stir the chocolate at 30 second intervals to prevent the chocolate form burning. This should take no longer than 2 minutes.
- After the 15 minutes are over, take the truffles out of the fridge and use a fork to dip them in the melted chocolate until fully coated.
- Place the coated truffles back on to the tray and sprinkle some of the Oreo crumbs on top for garnish.
- Once all the truffles have been coated and garnished, place the tray back in the fridge to allow the truffles to harden.
- Keep refrigerated until serving and enjoy!