Unbelievably quick and easy to make, this is my go-to lazy lunch. Experiment with the vegetables and meat you use and see what happens. This is a much tastier, cheaper, easier, and healthier alternative to ordering take out.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 servings of egg noodles
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 boneless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 courgette, halved and chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Cook egg noodles as directed on the packaging.
- In a frying pan on medium heat, add sesame oil and chicken, then season with salt, pepper, and Chinese five spice.
- Cook until chicken starts to brown and then add onion. Once onion softens, add in garlic, bell pepper, and courgette and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and honey and stir well. Cook for another 3 minutes or until the liquid in the pan almost doubles.
- Drain egg noodles and add to the pan. Mix well, making sure all the noodles are coated in the sauce.
- Top with sesame seeds and enjoy!