This Hawaiian dish is taking the world by storm, and it is so insanely easy to make. Use this recipe as your base and experiment with different ingredients! Fresh fish is essential to this recipe since it’s raw, but if you don’t eat raw fish feel free to use cooked prawns or squid.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: None!
- 1 cup sushi rice or thai sticky rice
- 2 salmon fillets (sliced into 1 inch cubes)
- 1/2 large onion
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 5 imitation crab sticks (roughly chopped)
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Wash and cook the rice as directed on the packaging.
- In a bowl, mix together the sesame oil, soy sauce, and honey. Add cubed salmon, making sure to fully coat the salmon in the sauce and set to the side.
- Thinly slice half of a large sweet white onion and add it to the salmon, making sure to mix well.
- Pull apart the imitation crab sticks and then roughly chop. Set aside.
- To plate, in a bowl start with a base of rice and then add salmon mixture, a tablespoon of the chopped imitation crab, sliced avocado, and top with sesame seeds. Feel free to add more toppings like seaweed or cucumber. And if you want a little kick, add some Sriracha!