This is my take on Korean fried chicken: sweet, tangy, spicy, and the crunchiest, juiciest fried chicken you will ever eat. This dish is not only ridiculously tasty, but it’s also really easy to make! Whether you have it as finger food while watching the big game, or a simple dinner for two, this dish is perfect for any occasion. Just trust me on this one, you can thank me later.
Serves 3 to 4
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 10 large chicken wings
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Vegetable oil (for shallow frying)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 tbsp Soy sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- 1-2 tbsp Gochujang (adjust to taste)
- Clean chicken and remove the tip of the wing. Set aside.
- In a deep frying pan (preferably a large one), heat enough vegetable oil to shallow fry the chicken wings on medium heat.
- Place flour on a flat plate or dish and season with salt, black pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. Place the panko on another flat dish, and in a bowl beat the two eggs.
- Take chicken wings and dust them in the seasoned flour. Place wings in the beaten egg, making sure to coat well, and then immediately place in panko. Cover the wings well with panko and then set to the side.
- In the heated oil, place as many wings as you can fit comfortably and remember not to crowd the pan. Cook for 5 minutes, flip the wings and then cook for another 5 minutes. Remove them from the oil and place on a wire rack or a tray lined with paper towels. Continue to cook the rest of the wings as needed.
- In another pan on medium heat, add sesame oil and garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the rest of the sauce ingredients and combine well. Cook on low heat until the sauce has reduced but is still runny.
- Place the cooked wings in the pan and coat thoroughly in the sauce.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and spring onion and serve on its own or with some delicious onigiri for some finger licking goodness!
For more delicious chicken wing recipes, click here.